Good residential street lighting is important for safety and can improve the overall appearance of an entire block. Their maintenance and installment is generally handled by the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT). You can report damage to residential lighting by calling 311, clicking here, or completing Alderman Dowell’s Service Request form below.

Keeping our traffic signals working is vital for avoiding car accidents or pedestrian-related incidents. Traffic light maintenance in the City of Chicago is handled by the Office of Emergency Management and Communications.  You should call them at (312) 746.9111 or contact Alderman Dowell’s office right away if you notice a non-functioning traffic light.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone (required)


What Type of Light Needs Repair?

Where is Light Located?

What Type of Pole is Light On?

How Long Has Light Been Out?

Address/Block/Location of Light(s) Out

Your Message

Captcha Image
To use CAPTCHA, you need Really Simple CAPTCHA plugin installed.

Captcha Text (Type the Characters Above)