Per Chicago Municipal Code, all vacant buildings must be registered with the Department of Buildings using this link. This ensures the buildings remain safe in case of a public safety emergency like a fire, and that they are kept up to code including boarding up of doors and windows. The Department of Buildings has provided the below list of vacant properties in the 3rd Ward. If you need to register a building, or have any questions regarding a vacant property, you can contact 311 or call the Department of Buildings directly at 312-743-3600.